Saturday, April 11, 2009

Labor Story


So, last update I told you I'd give you the labor story ... here goes!




Well, I was due on Wednesday April 1st ... no baby. I worked on that day and then decided that I didn't want to work anymore "just in case". Thursday Momma, Ashley and I went ito Marietta to Scarlett's on the Square which is a Gone With the Wind museum and then to the mall to walk around. Still nothing. Friday we did more walking ... nothing. At this point I was getting really frustrated and very ready for my little girl to come. Saturday was beautiful and we did more walking and just hung out outside. I noticed in the afternoon I was pretty wet in my undies but I thought it might be sweat since I sat outsied all afternoon. SO we decided to wait and see. We went to 5 Guys for some burgers (I had jalepenoes on mine I was so desperate) and walked around some more before I decided we needed to go check things out at the hopspital.




We got to the hospital and they were checking my deciding if they should admit me or not, it wasn't conclusive that my water had broken, when the baby's heartbeat did a decel. Believe me it was scary. They came in and put me on oxygen, started an IV, made me change all kinds of positions, and gave me a shot of tributalin to stop contractions. So they decided to keep me and put me on pitocin. This was at about midinght. Pitocin was good, if I laid on my right side I couldn't feel any contractions and if I laid of my left I cold, but the heartrate would decel. When that continutes and it started deceling no matter which side I was laying on the doctor came in and decided a C-section would be the needed to get the baby out safely. So at 6 something I went in for my Csection and at 6:45 I had my beautiful 7lb 0.8oz baby girl named McKenzie Ann!!!




She is precious and wonderful and God has truly blessed me and my family with a little miracle!






1 comment:

KT said...

PRAISE GOD SHE IS HERE HAPPY AND HEALTHY!!!