Thursday, March 19, 2009

Slight Progress

This week has been an interesting one ... let me catch you up. My little Seminole moved around like crazy on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then yesterday she calmed down. Today she's been active .... but not like earlier this week. So I of coarse start to worry. I've also had this nausea since Monday if there isn't any food in my belly. So I eat every hour or so or I feel like I'm going to throw up. This is the first sign of nausea I've had ALL pregnancy. So yesterday I was reading about signs of labor and came across water breaking. Now, I know most people do not have their water break in public but it can leak. So I was concerned I may be leaking but I didn't really "pass the tests". Well, I had a dream last night that I had the baby and my water had been broken for weeks and when she came out she had an infection. I my dream they took her to the NICU and I didn't even get to see her or hold her. So I woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep.
Thankfully, I had a doctors appointment today. Everything is fine, there is no leak of my water so my panicky dream won't come true (I told the midwife about it). I'm making some SLIGHT progress. I am 1.75 cm dilated now and my cervix is thinning some but nothing to get too excited about. She keeps dropping but she's not too low yet either. So, I should be back in a week and maybe I'll have made some more progress. The 26th is my next appointment and Momma should be coming the next day so after that I'll be SUPER ready for my baby to come.
I am finally packed to go to the hospital and I'm almost done getting everything ready at school. Our kitten Hope got fixed today so she's out of commission for about a week, which would make everything perfect if our little Seminole would wait at least one more week before she makes her big debut. Plus, more people picked days closer to my due date. I'll let you know when anything changes!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Time has flown by! I am excited for you and Jason and I can't imagine what it will be like to hold my precious grandchild.
My bags have been packed for two weeks and boy has your Dad been having fun with that! The anticipation is killing me! I am so ready to be in Dallas, Ga with My Baby! But for now to help me cope I think I will go shopping!! I love you! MOM/NANA