Saturday, January 31, 2009

Childbirth Class

Jason and I spent the weekend taking a lamaze/ childbirth class at the hospital we're delivereing at. It was really informative and I came out knowing a lot more than I did when I entered. I learned some breathing/ relaxation techniques that I think will be very helpful. I really like the way the pressure of a tennis ball feels and I love the birthing ball. I've been doing yoga for a couple of years now so the breathing is kind of a refresher for me. All in all Jason and I both really enjoyed the class.
At the end we got to tour the hopspital which is also really nice. The rooms are private, Jason gets to stay with me and our baby gets to stay with me the whole time too. In the labor room there is a chair and birthing ball and jacuzzi tub. The hopsital is clean and doesn't smell like a hopsital at all.
Well, that is all for now. On the way home we stopped by Target because I wanted to get a puzzle to put together so we came home with that and some Lego thing for Jason. He really is such a little boy at heart.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I hope it's not like that other puzzel you tried to put together!!!
Glad your class went great. Wow!! Only 8 more weeks!!!Or sooner???
Love ya,
Mom (Nanna)

Pamela Williams said...

No, we got a more normal one ... its still pretty hard though. We can work on it this weekend if we're not finished yet!

KT said...

We did the bradley method which is relaxtion/breathing through pain...no epidural here :)
Call or email me if you want to talk about it?!