Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crying and Back Pain

I am now beginning to experience the "fun" stuff of pregnancy. I seem to cry at everything, be it football games, parents leaving, or songs during the CMAs. I guess this is something to get used to.
Last night I got to cry for real though. At about 11:15 I had this sharp pain in the right side of my back. It lasted for about 15 minutes and made me nautious. I slept for about 45 minutes and started again. This continued until 2:30 when I called the on call person from the doctor and she told me I could take Tylenol and call the doctor in the morning. So I did that and got a couple of hours of sleep. I called and they could work me in at 1:20 so I slept until noon, which I really needed. I went to the doctor and apparently I have a kidney stone. Yuck. So now I'm taking it easy and drinking lots of water and lemonade (thanks Aunt Pam). Hopefully it'll pass soon and I can be back to normal.
I still go back on Thursday of next week for a normal appointment. So far I've gained 3 pounds in the 20 weeks I've been pregnant. I'm up to 135 now. Her heartbeat is strong and everything is good with her. That was my main concern about the pain. I guess that is all for now.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness Pam! I am so sorry that you have a Kidney Stone! I've had many a Bladder Infection and I know that that doesn't even compare! I will be praying for it to pass very quickly and painlessly!

nobbit said...

Oh, Pam I am so sorry. I've had kidney stones a couple of times and they are the most painful thing. On a light note, you could think of it like prep work for labor pains ;) I know it sucks right now, just rest and drink drink drink. I hope you feel better soon!

-Beth